This replacement for the Moshi Board enables you to use the full potential of your 40W machine from Linux / Windows / Mac.
There is a web based frontend that will take vector input (.svg or .dxf) and communicate with the control board.
The software functions correctly without a conversion board (other than actually controlling the machine!). Please download the LasaurApp from the links below. This is the best way to determine if this product is suitable for you.
The voltages inside the Laser Engraver are lethal (240 VAC and 25,000 VDC are present). If you don't know what you are doing, please seek professional advice.
• New: Supports both FFC (Flat cable) and 4-pin X Axis / 5-pin JST Limit switch connections.
• GCode Control via USB Serial
• PWM Power Control
• Raster Image Engraving
• PPI (Pulses Per Inch) Speed de-coupled intensity control
• GPL Open Source Firmware
• DSP Performance
• 2x Open Drain Outputs (e.g. Air Assist)
• 5V Powered USB port
• Compatibility with the LasaurApp software web based frontend
• SVG & limited DXF Import via LasaurApp interface
• Multiple passes configurable from frontend as one batch
• Analogue Joystick control to set the origin (Also controls the cross hair)
• Networked backend using R-Pi / BeagleBone
The PCB stencil pictured above was etched from acetate in raster engraving mode at 600 ppi, 55% power.
Supporting Files / Links
||Latest build of the board firmware.
Please be sure to use the correct .bin for your board. The will be white text on the red board saying either "Stellaris" or "Tiva C".
|Bootable USB Stick
This contains the above tools and LasaurApp pre-installed and ready to go. Just boot your x86 PC from this stick and give it a try.
Extract the archive onto a USB stick and run the appropriate bootloader installer in /boot/.
See Porteus Installation for more details.
||Adapter plate to mount the replacement board.
This also doubles as a test piece for both raster and cut after installing the board.
||An excellent free Vector Graphics editor for .svg (and other) files